Home Security Camera System : Plug and Play, Not Plug and Pray
Filed under: Beginning CCTV, CCTV Camera, Security Camera Packages, Security Camera System
I recently had the pleasure of speaking with a client that was looking for a residential system that was, “Plug and Play not Plug and Pray”. His inquiry produced a laugh as I had never before heard that question! It was a legitimate question and caused me to think about what a perspective video surveillance owner looks for when choosing a particular system.
- Do I want video coverage indoors / outdoors or a combination of the two?
- What are my lighting conditions?
- How many days/weeks of recording do I want?
- Do I want remote access (ie – Is it important to be able to view my cameras while at work, travelling, or anywhere other than onsite).
- What is my budget for this project? Skimping on your equipment to save a buck generally results in a poor image quality, unrecognizable video, and only clear frustration.
Take the time to plan. My dad always told me to measure twice and cut once and this is especially true as you begin your video surveillance project. You don’t have to have all of the answers, but knowing what you want your system to do will give you a head start as you embark on your journey towards a more secure premises, as well as give you the flexibility and results you are after when it comes to your video surveillance needs. Having clear expectations of what you want for your application is more than half the battle!
Planning a security system is not easy so if you have any questions, get in touch with one of our expert security consultants so we can get you the system that’s right for you. Call us today @ 800-997-8460!